Header

Creative Tradition: Online Family Boutique of Handmade Treasures Online Shop Our Blog Facebook Twitter
Our Story Events Shop Children Adults Pets Home Holidays

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Mother-Daughter Team

Jeanine Bass: Mother, Grandmother, and Seamstress

Jeanine has been sewing and crafting for most of her life. As they grew from babies to teenagers she sewed clothes for her children. Her most favorite items are the quilts she makes for her childen to celebrate important milestones including births and weddings. Jeanine made a quilt from scraps of the dresses she had made for Jennifer's first year of school.  Jenn still has it and treasures it.

She has made countless home decorations including curtains, table clothes, and placemats. Every month she redecorates the house with seasonal quilts, pillows, table clothes, and knic-knacks.

Through the years she has made countless children's clothes, PJs, costumes, bridesmaid dresses, and even her own wedding dress!

Jennifer Bass Colucci: Daughter, Newlywed, and Creative Designer


Jenn is Jeanine's eldest and most favorite ;) daughter.  Family always tells me stories of when I was 1 or 2 and already coloring in the lines. A lot of my fondest childhood memories are of creative things I like to do today including crafting, cooking, and gardening.

I create a lot of handmade items include clothes, aprons, costumes, doll clothes, quilts, baby accessories, and home decor.  My favorite projects are those with a story or a meaning. The best of which is quilt I made for my husband for our first-date anniversary called Hand-holding Walk On The Beach.  I knew he was the one when he grabbed my hand while walking at Dana Point Harbor and his most favorite romantic moment was a moonlight walk on the beach in San Diego. Every time I see the quilt I remember those moments.

My other creative pursuits include fractal artwork, photography, interior design, landscape architecture, and culinary delights.  You can see my other artwork at www.jennbass.com.

Creative Tradition: The Mother-Daughter Team
Jeanine is great at executing projects.  Give her a pattern, instructions or recipe and she'll follow it to the letter.  Give Jenn the same pattern, instructions or recipe and she'll get the gist of things and start making changes.

Jenn is great at designing projects.  Give her an idea, a photo, a quote, a piece of fabric and she'll make you whatever you asked for as well as some extra things you never thought of. Give Jeanine the same idea or photo and she'll find a pattern.

That's what makes our team so great.  When I'm up in the clouds dreaming of all the possibilities my mother is there to ground us.  And when my mom gets stuck with a problem, I'm there to think a way around it. She makes it work, I make it pretty.  I sell it, she records it.

No comments:

Post a Comment