Header

Creative Tradition: Online Family Boutique of Handmade Treasures Online Shop Our Blog Facebook Twitter
Our Story Events Shop Children Adults Pets Home Holidays

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Seasonal Decorating: Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I married last year on 10.10.10 at a rural park in Orange County so we [ ok, to be honest all this decorating business is really a*me* decision ;) ] decided to decorate each October not with gouls and goblins and jack-o'lanterns but with reminders of our wedding day.

Love Jar with black ceramic birds and candles.

Our couch is so big it begs for lots of pillows. I love the bird fabric!
 
Love and Hope signs in our black, champagne and white wedding colors.

More ceramic birds in black and white on a golden hued circular placemat.
 
Dinning table with white and black balls of natural elements.

Clearance Find: Pier 1 Kitchen Canisters
Also this month I found a great deal at Pier 1 for a collection of white squared kitchen canisters with black chalk surface.  I haven't found things to put in all of them yet but I love how cute they look in my black and white kitchen.  They are yet another reason why I never leave a store without checking their clearance racks.  The table centerpiece I decorate with large balls or other decorations each season was another one of their finds. I think it was just $8 on clearance because it has a slight air bubble on the rim.

Three canisters aren't enough but maybe five is too many ;)
 
Check back for our next holiday decorations: Autumn Leaves & Acorns
Our next seasonal decoration change will be for November.  I found beautiful unique autumn fabric that isn't too Thanksgiving or Halloween. Its gorgeous golden mustard yellow with brown acorns and green oak leaves.  Its the main fabric that will decorate our home for the fall holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment